Oil on panel, 8" x 10"
The weather here for the past week couldn't be more perfect- dry, sunny, in the 70's or low 80's. I sat in my car at the Barrington Yacht Club and painted this view of the neighboring town of Warren.
Last week I was the recipient of the "Arte y Pico" award, from art blogger Kelley Macdonald. The designer of the award describes it like this:"The Arte y Pico Award has arisen from the daily visits that I make to many blogs which nourish and enrich me with creativity. In them, I see dedication, creativity, care, comradeship, but mainly ART, much art. I want to share this prize with all those bloggers that entertain and enrich me day to day. Doubtlessly, there are many and it will be hard to pick just a few."
1. Pick 5 blogs that you feel deserve the award through creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter the language.
2. Each award should have the name of the author with a link to their blog.
3. Award winners have to post the award with the name and link to the blog of the person who gave them the award.
4. Show these rules and the paragraph above explaining the awards origination.
That said, here are my picks:
He paints a lot with very little.
2. Kathy Hodge-
A fellow Rhode Islander, I love her intelligent writing as well as her paintings.
3. Shawn Kenney
His food paintings fly off the walls.
A fabulous painter of urban life.
5. I reserve the right to choose this later.