Monday, December 1, 2008

Are you serious?



Oil on canvas, 6" x 6"
Last week was so busy, between teaching, Thanksgiving, and getting ready for the Foundry Artists show, I didn't have much time to paint. Hope to do better this week. 
If you're in the Providence area, the Foundry Artist show opens Thursday night and is open Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday for 2 weekends. There's a link on the sidebar. Come check it out. I'll be there the last couple of hours every day of the first weekend.

I've been tagged by Kelley MacDonald, aka Betty Crocker Jr. This means I'm supposed to tell 7 interesting facts about myself and then tag 7 other bloggers. It seems like all I ever do is paint, so coming up with 7 things worth posting is difficult. Here goes:

1. I used to work as an in-house greeting card artist and probably hold the world's record for most greeting card illustrations done in the shortest time (20 in one week). (They were all loose watercolors)
2. Some years ago, Chicago started a fad by creating large fiberglas cows and having artists paint them, then display them around the city. In Providence, home of Hasbro toys, this morphed into large fiberglas Potatoheads. I am responsible for creating Edgar Allen Poe-tatohead, delightfully illustrated (if I do say so myself) with images from his short stories. Poe lived in Providence for a while, so I thought it was appropriate.
3. I'm the middle of 5 kids, and since I 'm sure none of my siblings read this blog, I think it's safe to say I was my parents' favorite.
4. Next June we'll celebrate the 25th anniversary of our wedding and first and only house purchase.
5. I've traveled to roughly half of the lower 48 states, missing the deep South and midwest.
6. Foreign countries I've been in- Mexico, Canada, England, France, and Russia.
7. Next trip, right after Christmas- Washington D.C. (We'll be home long before the inauguration.)
Now for my tags: 

No comments: