Sunday, July 19, 2009

A painting soundtrack


So here I am painting in my backyard and thinking that some paintings should be sold with soundtracks. This one would be pretty new age-y, lots of birds, but with some angst.
Behind me is the birdhouse with one of the parent sparrows who ARE NOT HAPPY that I'm painting there but they seem to have decided to just deal with it. The sounds- the anxious and annoyed chattering of daddy sparrow (in a tree a little farther away); the tiny peeps of the chicks inside the house; and the fluttering of wings behind me as the parents make continual stealth flights in and out to feed them. A few other birds, a lawnmower and a plane going overhead would complete the soundtrack.

6 comments:

Catherine Jeffrey said...

The painting looks like it will be gorgeous. I like the idea of the sound track. Now I can't get Vivladi's Four Seasons out of my head.

myra anderson said...

I have looked at your entire blog and I love it! These photos are so refreshing and the painting is wondeful!

Kathy Weber said...

Thank you. Quit coffee? Not possible.

Janice Souza Thurston said...

The painting looks really good. Are you using the the gouche for this one too? Did you use large brushes to lay it in?

Diane Hoeptner said...

Wonderful!! You make it look easy and I know this kind of painting is NOT!! Bravo!

Kathy Weber said...

Jan- no gouache, this is oil on canvas. I did use large brushes to lay it in.