Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Swim and boat at your own risk-sold

Oil on canvas, 9" x 12"
The cottage that we rented for the week was on a pond, and this green cottage was the one next door. It was a cute, quiet place, as only two other cottages were occupied, and they were the ones furthest away from us. (Ours was in the middle.) There was a little sandy beach and a dock with rowboats, which I didn't include in this painting. (I couldn't resist the clothesline though.) Does it remind you of places your parents took you when you were kids?
$400.00 plus shipping.




7 comments:

Denise Rose said...

I love all of your paintings, but especially the ones from the last few posts! Great colors, brushstrokes, and the light is amazing!

Lynn Lancaster said...

I really like your shadows. The cottage looks like a cabin we go to on Kentucky Lake. It brings to mind relaxing evenings looking at the water. Great job

Liquid &Tunsie said...

Just been art blog hopping. love your art work. This is wonderful!

SUSAN RODEN said...

A wonderful get-a-way Kathy! Can picture the sunlight streaming down - a wonderful painting.

Gwen Bell said...

What a charming place! Everything about this painting says "serenity". The variety of greens and blues work together so harmoniously. Really terrific light and shadows too!

mary maxam said...

what a great scene. this is so good in the color and dappled shadows.

Elaine Hurst said...

It certainly does remind me of places I went when I was young! You captured the feel of "a place at the lake" so well. I love the shadows on the cottage too.