Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dinner at McFadden's- sold

Oil on canvas, 16" x 20"
This is a larger piece I finished recently. If you've ever been to this restaurant, you'll notice I didn't include the row of TVs over the bar (too much light at the top of the painting, when I really wanted to focus on the waitress and the diners).  Makes it look like a nice place to just go and talk, doesn't it?
This painting isn't for sale right now- it's headed for a show in Philadelphia at the F.A.N. Gallery in August.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

the ambience in this piece is just wonderful.

kim Blair said...

You have such a great way of painting interiors... your colour choices invoke the feel of the room... the mood of the moment.
Love this series.
Kim

Victor Errington said...

Hi Kathy.
This painting is absolutely brilliant. The faces of the diners are almost a portrait of them. And your previous painting of the two ladies is also brilliant. Well done kathy, and all the best.
Vic.

Dewberry Fine Art said...

You really create wonderful places. Adding the TVs not only would have changed the lighting , but it would have taken the this piece in a whole new direction.

Anonymous said...

Kathleen, another wonderful genre piece! just feel it all.

William R. Moore said...

Kathy
Successful, impressive and ambitious painting. I understand where the focus is, but I'm intrigued by your integration of the supporting background bar area, especially the couple on the right. CONGRATULATIONS.

Karen Bruson said...

Love your paintings! I just joined Daily Painter Originals and linked you to my blog.

Kathy Weber said...

Thank you all very much.

postcardsfromthemainline said...

I am looking forward to seeing your paintings in person at the Fan Gallery as I live near Philadelphia.