Saturday, May 28, 2011

State house shadow-sold

Oil on canvas, 24" x 30"
This is a painting I started a long time ago (maybe 2 years?) - long enough that this view no longer exists for most people because there is a house in the way (the beginnings of the foundation are on the bottom right). I pulled it out the other day, looked at it and decided that there were just a couple of little things I needed to change- a few color/value adjustments- and now I'm fairly happy with it. It's a view of the Rhode Island statehouse in Providence from the East Side.

2 comments:

postcardsfromthemainline said...

It's a beauty. Glad you pulled it out.

Unknown said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and I just adore this piece. It resonates the feeling of fall very well! I love the radiant color in the sky. Awesome work!