Saturday, October 23, 2010

Portraits

Oil on linen, 8" x 10"
Erin and Sean are getting married today. I was commissioned to do this portrait by friends of theirs. Best wishes to a lovely couple!
I went to Kate Huntington's portrait group in Providence on Monday night. I used to do portraits all the time but it's been a while. It felt good to get back to it, although when I look at this, I think of John Singer Sargent's quote, "A portrait is a picture where there's something wrong with the mouth."

6 comments:

LindaHunt said...

Amazing double portrait!

SKIZO said...

It’s always a pleasure
to see such a Wonderful Work
good creations

Judy P. said...

I didn't know you painted portraits- these are lovely.
I've heard that quote too, but I don't see anything wrong with the mouth!

Kathy Hodge said...

Great job, these portraits are full of life!

Anne Winthrop Cordin said...

Love these Kathy,you are amazing!Thanks for posting the portrait from Kate's, I like that quote!

ChrisG said...

The Sargent quote is priceless. I hadn't heard it before, thanks.