Monday, October 4, 2010

Windy day at Rock Harbor

Oil on canvas, 12" x 16"
The weather was good during our stay at the cape, but we did get some very windy days, partly the remnants of a hurricane. Most of the time I was working on this painting, I was holding onto it with one hand and painting with the other.  I walked away from it for a minute to get my camera and the wind blew the easel over. That's when I called it quits for that day. Two days later I went back to try to finish it but it was still really windy. I struggled for a while, then packed it up and finished it at home.
Email me for price.

4 comments:

Linda Popple said...

I can almost feel the wind. It's a lovely painting.

Gwen Bell said...

Beautiful golds and greens! Love the movement of the grass. Wonderful depth as well.

Janice Souza Thurston said...

WINNNNNDY! That was hurricane Igor offshore. You beat that bad boy back with charm. It looks beautifully windy! The painting I did that day is so chaotic not to mention it has sand stuck to the surface. Bravo mi amiga!

Kerri Settle said...

I agree with Linda - you definitely captured that windy feeling. And rightly so, since you worked so hard for it!