Monday, October 11, 2010

Sunrise, Sabin Point

Oil on canvas, 12" x 12"
I've got several commissions that all arrived at the same time and need to be done next week so I haven't had much time for anything else lately. This is a painting I did right after I got home from Cape Cod. It was interesting to do but I don't recommend painting looking into the sun...
I did teach my painting group Saturday morning in downtown Providence. It was a little crazy- there was a 5k being run for breast cancer research, and probably about 1000 people ended up running or walking past us in their pink T-shirts, some with dogs with pink shirts or bandannas or fur. They were also getting ready for a Waterfire Saturday night, so the boats were in the river, stacking up the wood in the braziers. And as for the weather- it just doesn't get any better.

4 comments:

claire christinel said...

I laughed out loud at your zen moment of plein air in the midst of breast cancer run. It must have been a lot fun though. I like the water in your painting. Facing the sun is more than challenging. You did a fine job.

shirley fachilla said...

Gorgeous shimmer on the water. I'm sure you had a squint you feared was permanent after. But the painting was worth the pain I think.

Kerri Settle said...

Love the hazy feel, it imparts that feeling of bright sunlight so well.

Anonymous said...

The suns glare on the water is just superb...feel as though I was right there with you!