Thursday, February 26, 2009

Waiter at Anthony's-sold



Oil on canvas on board, 6" x 8"
My friend Janice and I went to the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston recently to see the Shepard Fairey show (he was the creator of the famous Obama "Hope" poster). It was an excellent show- I was very impressed with both the quality and the quantity of the work. Janice posted some pictures on her blog. Afterwards we went next door to Anthony's Pier 4 for lunch. It's a pretty upscale place but we managed to eat without breaking the bank. I sneaked some photos while I was there. I've found that I like painting older men; their faces have so much character...

3 comments:

Kathleen Harrington said...

Kathy,
I really enjoyed visiting your blog - love the people in restaurants and bars.
This waiter has a certain dignigy and aire about (and great food!)
Kathleen

Janice Souza Thurston said...

You really nailed the great reflected light off the harbor -- nice composition and the atmosphere is true. It was a really fun day all the way around wasn't it - and you got a great painting on top?

Kathy Weber said...

Thanks, Kathleen, and yes, Jan, it was a great day- we'll have to do it again in warmer weather.