Thursday, September 3, 2009

Geraniums and marigolds


Oil on canvas, 12" x 12"
I started this last week and was pretty happy with it, but it wasn't finished, and I needed one more session with it. I didn't want to work from a photo, although I took a couple; in bright sunlight like this photos are always pretty washed out looking. So I had to wait for days to get a second crack at this, a day when I was home at the right time (1-2PM), and when there was bright sun. Fortunately the weather this week has been exceptional, so I was able to pull it together.

3 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Kathy, you are a master at flowers! How DO you do it? Makes me want to plant some more, although the timing's all wrong. Great job!

Kathy Weber said...

Thanks Kelley! Years of practice, I guess...

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Absolutely stunning painting. With this hanging on your wall, you would have summer all year round. You have certainly captured the moment.