Monday, July 26, 2010

Flags and Fog-sold

Oil on canvas, 11" x 14"
We drove down to Philadelphia this weekend to drop work off for a show at the F.A.N. Gallery for their "New Talent" show opening Friday, August 6. It's not a big gallery, but it's in a great location, a block away from the Betsy Ross house, so if you've been dying to see historic Philly and do some gallery hopping too, now's the time! This is one of my paintings that will be in the show. Stop in and see Betsy, she'll tell you why she told George Washington that the stars on the flag should have 5 points, no more or less.

12 comments:

Linda Popple said...

Great job on the soft edges and I like the composition. I was in Philadelphia a few weeks ago and this street scene looks very familiar. Love it!

Kathy Weber said...

Thanks, Linda, although this is actually a New York scene!

mary maxam said...

Oh, this is sooo nice. the depth and the way you simlified a complex scene/idea...i like this alot

LindaHunt said...

Wonderful job on this city scape. The color and atmosphere are so well done. I love the light that filters down from the top of the painting!

Marian Fortunati said...

Good luck on the show, Kathy...
Had a great time on my first vist to Philly last June.

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Great urban scene...one of my favorite subjects!

Dana Cooper said...

I love this painting Kathy, good luck with the show!

Karen Bruson said...

Very nice painting. Good luck with the show.

Anonymous said...

Kathy, this is a great piece.

Carmen Beecher said...

This is wonderful cityscape. Your use of light is fantastic.

Carol Nelson said...

Lovely painting. I love that golden glow coming from the store window.

Johanna Spinks said...

I am sure I have stood on this very street corner in NY. Great work