Saturday, November 1, 2014

Waves and rocks- sold



Gouache on watercolor paper, approx. 7" x 9"
From my archives (meaning, I did this a couple of years ago and forgot I had it). I was at the Sachuest Wildlife Preserve, near Newport RI.


I really like gouache because it dries fast and can be worked over
immediately, or re-wet and wiped off. When I was an illustrator
I did a number of still life paintings at home to improve my skills
with the medium and with painting things like flowers.
I sent them to American Artist magazine and got my first (and only)
cover of a national magazine...

2 comments:

Karen Werner said...

This is great to see. I just bought a lot of gouache and have yet to sit down and play with it. This is a beautiful seascape!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

solid as a….rock!
didn't know I was going to that pun until I was almost there :D