Saturday, August 1, 2015

Painting at Coggeshall Farm

We had a good time painting at historic Coggeshall Farm in Bristol RI on Wednesday afternoon. It was hot, but we were in the shade and had a nice breeze. One of the costumed interpreters modeled for us. 

I'm cheating here, I didn't like the paintings that I did of our models so I'm posting a little painting I did from photos later of two of the farm people taking a lunch break, with the resident cat.

Oil, 6" x 6"
I thought everyone else did a great job on their paintings and drawings of the model. Thanks to Jill, Janice and Suzanne for giving me photos of their work.







 There was a roaming flock of chickens and turkeys who were very curious and poked around in our painting gear to see if there was anything they could eat. Turns out chickens are a lot more vocal than I realized.


 Feeding time came after we were all done. I got a lot of great photos that may eventually get turned into paintings. Check out the Arts on the Farm page for upcoming events.



No comments: