Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cloud study- sold

We went back to the Allen's Pond Audubon Preserve this week. I really love that place- so serene, so few people around. I've been trying to figure out how to paint clouds, so I did this study. They change so fast. My latest theory- design/ place the clouds, then work them from the inside out, work the sky blue from the outside in, keep the edges soft and loose for as long as possible. Oh, and remember that they aren't white. They're pale yellow, or peach, or something...

4 comments:

Susan Roden said...

Nice rendition of my favorite things Kathy - clouds!
And you are so right, that they are never just white.

dorothy said...

Love it! So much to learn painting outside... someday I WILL do it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Your "dry brush" work is very nice.

Euphemia Wesley said...

Those clouds are great and I really appreciate your talking about what your thinking on painting clouds is. I've been working on them too and will try your idea.